Want to work with one of the most innovative digital news technology startups? We are looking for a Lead Digital News Analyst!
Position: Lead Digital News Analyst
Location: Cluj-Napoca (Romania) or Global (Remote, +/- 2 hours time zone difference)
Project Description: TrustServista is a software tool designed to perform digital news investigations. Using a unique approach, it can determine the origin and trustworthiness of online stories, helping journalists and news agencies to significantly shorten investigation time in order to create high-quality and trustworthy content.
We are planning to grow TrustServista, both in terms of functionality and also market awareness. Our product roadmap includes significant expansion of the data we process, support for multilingual content and adding more machine learning to the trustworthiness algorithm.
You will be responsible in building and leading a team of data scientists specialized in digital news analysis. Your daily activities will involve analyzing huge amounts of augmented digital news content, creating and calibrating algorithms related to the content’s trustworthiness (clickbait, propaganda, fake news), content similarity and other NLP-related metrics and working closely with the engineering team to implement your findings in the TrustServista product.
Required Education & Experience:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Math or related fields
- Proven problem solving skills
- Excellent communication abilities (in English)
- Proficiency in the following technologies and skills (mandatory):
- Nice to have:
- Hadoop knowledge (particularly HBase, HBaseGraph)
- Linux (from the command line via SSH)
- Google Apps Script
What We Are Looking For: We need specialists who are technically fit, but are also ready to put all efforts and built a team of analytics and data scientists that will help us build the algorithmic backbone of TrustServista.
What We Offer:
- Excellent remuneration package
- Possibility for 100% remote, work from home
- Challenging project
- Work as part of an experienced and dynamic team
Duration: long term commitment with 2 months probation time
Work load: 100% – 40h / week
Working language: English
Work model: Employment/Contractors/Outsourcing